Issues with compiler flags in gfortran

Nicolas Pavillon nicos at macports.org
Wed Jan 23 10:01:37 UTC 2019

Hi,

> On Jan 23, 2019, at 17:06, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:
>
> Doesn't look too hard, just changing '--with-as=${prefix}/bin/as' in the
> portfile to '--with-as=${prefix}/bin/llvm-as-mp-7.0' for example. But
> we're already telling the gcc ports --with-as=${prefix}/bin/as
> specifically, which makes the change in behaviour with a different PATH
> a bit puzzling.

Just to be sure there is no misunderstanding, and in the case this point comes from what I mentioned.
I indeed reported that there was a different behavior when changing PATH, but this was with a gfortran outside of Macports.
I installed another version of gfortran to test if it was working with it, and the build failed with /opt/local in PATH (because of the older /opt/local/bin/as), and worked without it (since the build automatically used /usr/bin/as, I guess), but there was no —with-as instruction in that case.

Cheers,

Nicolas