accessing the notes of the active port version

Fred Wright fw at fwright.net
Tue Jul 16 21:50:38 UTC 2019

On Tue, 16 Jul 2019, Clemens Lang wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 07:17:02PM +0200, Ren? J.V. Bertin wrote:
>> This just came up: is there a quick way to get the notes for the
>> active version of a port?
>
> $> port notes $portname
>
> This will use the notes from the current state of the ports tree. I
> don't think we have a simple way to use the notes from the Portfile
> stored when installing a port.

Another problem (perhaps more easily fixed) is that if the notes are
variant-dependent, then the notes reported by the above command will be
based on the default variants rather than the active variants.  To avoid
this, one needs to determine the installed variants and then include them
in the 'notes' command.

Fred Wright