Phase Out Xcode Dependency GSOC Project Update

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Thu Jul 18 19:13:07 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 01:03:26PM +0700, Satryaji Aulia wrote:
> There’s no existing code in port 1.0 that accesses a PortGroup
> (besides lint which parses the file) so I assume that change needs to
> be for macports-ports right? When do we make this change?

Correct. We can make the change in a forward-compatible manner by first
checking whether use_xcode exists, similar to what I've done with the
code snippet that checks for the existence of configure.developer_dir.

> Also I’ve submitted the PRs for the previous problems. The second
> one’s a draft PR since it doesn’t work yet. [1,2]
> Please take a look.

Done, please address Joshua's comments in #135, then it would be good to
go from my PoV.

--
Clemens