Phase Out Xcode Dependency GSOC Project Update

Satryaji Aulia satraul at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 17:27:12 UTC 2019

Hi all,

We've solved all known existing problems in macports-base master
relating to the Xcode changes.
1. Ports use Xcode's SDK when we want to prefer CLT instead
We now check first for CLT SDKs if port isn't Xcode-dependent. CLT
SDKs for macOS mirror the ones shipped with Xcode.

2. Ports in `xcodversion 1.0` PortGroup were failing to install
We explicitly set Xcode dependency using `use_xcode yes` for that
PortGroup. This assumes all `xcodeversion` ports need Xcode.

3. Ports with `system -W` calls use Xcode binaries when want to prefer
CLT instead
We now export the needed environment variable specific to those { } blocks.
We had to set the global Tcl env array since the { } blocks don't run
using the normal environment set by MacPorts. This solution is new
(cmiiw) so maybe it can solve some other problems related to
environment variables.

I'm doing some additional testing to discover any more problems if any.

Sat