accessing the notes of the active port version

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 08:46:14 UTC 2019

On Tuesday July 16 2019 22:41:44 Clemens Lang wrote:

>$> port notes $portname
>
>This will use the notes from the current state of the ports tree. I

This one I know of course :)

>don't think we have a simple way to use the notes from the Portfile
>stored when installing a port.

Don't you think it would make sense to have that? Notes are bound to give (sic :)) notes about the port you just install and are bound to change and/or depend on the variant selection. Why would you only be able to see the notes pertaining to a particular version/variant just after you installed it the 1st time?

FWIW, this harkens back to a discussion we had a while back about notes not being displayed when you re-activate an already installed port (idem for post-activate blocks).