[MacPorts] #58567: qca: update to 2.2.1 for botan2 compatibility

Chih-Hsuan Yen yan12125 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 06:30:13 UTC 2019

René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> 於 2019年6月10日 週一 00:02 寫道:

> On Saturday June 08 2019 18:48:43 Chih-Hsuan Yen wrote:
> >If you are going to submit a patch or a pull request for this update, I
> >will be glad to apply or merge it. I'm not interested in co-maintaining
> >qca in the long term, though.
>
> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/4565

Thank you very much for the update! I wrote some questions about the PR
there.

> >there is a need as all reverse dependents seem to work without a botan
> >2.x port.
>
> You mean *with* botan2? If the upgrade is "painless" (basically a rebuild
> from our point of view) then there indeed is little need to introduce a
> port:botan1
>
> R.

Ah, thanks for the correction. Yes I wanted to say botan2.

Regarding "painless", I hold a different perspective - for security
updates, older software is needed only if patching dependents for
compatibility with new software appears to take more than a few hours.
That's why I spend time on patching monotone [1] :)

Regards,

Chih-Hsuan Yen

[1]
https://github.com/yan12125/macports-ports/commit/28bfc320c147f3626710e31df5f5345190ea9563