Docker container with MacPorts

Karan Sheth karan.sheth at somaiya.edu
Wed Jun 26 14:00:16 UTC 2019

Hey,

My suggestion would be: could you perhaps share the sources
> (Dockerfile I guess; together with some basic usage instructions)? We
> could probably add a repository under github/macports-gsoc or so. Then
> I could at least build an image locally instead of getting something
> incompatible.

I had previously just docker pulled ubuntu and installed macports manually
on it and then commiting the changes.
I don't fully understand why the error occurred for you, isn't docker
supposed to be free of such errors?
Please test the Dockerfile attached with this mail by building it using
"docker build".
It might take upto 30 to 45min to build.

Thanks,
Karan Sheth

--

 <https://www.somaiya.edu>        <http://www.somaiya-ayurvihar.org>