macOS 10.15 Read Only root

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jun 30 02:15:13 UTC 2019

On Jun 29, 2019, at 19:53, Mark Anderson wrote:

> Do we have any plans with how to deal with 10.15 not allowing us to create /opt if it doesn’t exist? Or does /opt just come with the file system? I can’t remember.

macOS does not come with an /opt directory.

I was not aware that macOS Catalina will prevent the creation of such directories, but I haven't read up on the new system yet. If that is true, then that sounds like a problem for us.

Just a reminder, make sure that anything discussed about Catalina on this mailing list is information that has already been publicly released.

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#prerelease