GSoC 2019

Arjun Salyan arjun.salyan.che17 at itbhu.ac.in
Wed Mar 6 20:05:27 UTC 2019

Hello,
I am Arjun Salyan, a GSoC'19 aspirant. I have familiarised myself with
MacPorts, but still there is a way to go on with the documentation, and
learning tcl.

I am quite experienced in web and app development- with multiple
Python(Django) and PHP projects having worked for a company. I am looking
to club my previous skillset with all what I am learning right now about
MacPorts.

In suggested ideas and from mails, I do see 'a Django App', 'Django App to
collect statistics'..... I can work on these ideas further- and in addition
I can also take up tasks like improving/ redesigning the website,
documentation and 'Available Ports' page can be made much more interactive
and easy to find ports.

*Will planning a proposal on such ideas be good, or I shall work more
towards the macports_base?*
Any suggestions on how independent apps can be used to contribute to
macports would be very helpful.

Thank You.