GSoC 2019 [Collect build statistics]

Arjun Salyan arjun.salyan.che17 at itbhu.ac.in
Wed Mar 13 16:52:13 UTC 2019

As suggested, I have made an attempt at a basic demo app:
https://frozen-falls-98471.herokuapp.com

Please review it and let me know if this seems fine. After applying any
further inputs, I shall proceed with the documentation to setting it up.

It is not completely static. The port information is fetched from database
and is not hard-coded. What I did was to clone macports-ports, and used
portindex2json.tcl to populate the database. However, the format of the
json outputted by portindex2json could not be directly loaded into the
database. I had to manually make it in the format of fixtures accepted by
Django (and that is why only few ports are available), which means that
portindex2json would also require some modification.

The build history is hard-coded. Also I need suggestions here- what info is
most important to be displayed on the port info page. For now, I could only
figure out to show build history for different os. Am I doing it correctly?

The installation statistics, which currently run independently would also
be integrated with port-info in the new app.

Also, I have used bootstrap for this demo app, is that fine or we need to
go with something more powerful like angular or react.

Thank You.