GSoC 2019 [Collect build statistics]

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Mar 21 12:11:56 UTC 2019

On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 at 11:27, Arjun Salyan
<arjun.salyan.che17 at itbhu.ac.in> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 10:20 AM Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:
>>
>> (2) You made a simple PR last time to fix portindex2json for a more
>> reasonable output of categories. Would you be willing for a tiny bit
>> more difficult task and try to improve the output for maintainers as
>> well? We would want a list of all maintainers with two optional keys
>> for each (email &  github handle) plus a boolean value to tell whether
>> the port is under openmaintainer policy.
>

> Hi, I was working on this.

Awesome!

> What do I do with "nomaintainer" ?

Just create an empty list of maintainers.

> For now I am getting the following output.
>
>     "variants"         : "clang33 clang34 clang37 clang38 clang39 clang40 clang50 clang60 clang70 mpich mpich_devel openmpi openmpi_devel python26 python27 python33 python34 python35 python36 python37 debug no_static no_single regex_match_extra universal",

We could make this into a list as well. We also need additional info
about whether or not a variant is default, but that can be added
later.

>     "depends_lib"      : "port:zlib port:expat port:bzip2 port:libiconv port:icu port:python27",

I would make this a list (as for categories) as well. We could split
the "port:" prefix, but maybe later.

>     "openmaintainer"   : True,

Thinking about this and "nomaintainer". Maybe go bold and use
"closedmaintainer" instead, then do the following:
- if port either has no maintainer, or is under openmaintainer policy,
set closedmaintainer to False
- else set it to True

If we keep the "openmaintainer" keword, it's not clear to me what to
do with non-maintained ports.

>     "maintainers"      : [{
>         "github" : "https://www.github.com/ryandesign"
>     },{
>         "github" : "https://www.github.com/michaelld"
>     }],

Just keep the name, no need for the full URL. So probably something like
    "github_username" : "ryandesign"
instead of the full URL (not sure if github or github_username) is better.

We also need to add emails. Maybe something like
    "email" : { "name" : "ryandesign", "domain" : "macports.org" },
    "github": "ryandesign"

Alternative would be to treat users with commit rights in a different
way (domain is always macports), but I don't see any reason to do so.

Thank you,
    Mojca