Buildbot 10.6_x86_64 Xcode Issues

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Mar 23 01:11:20 UTC 2019

On Mar 22, 2019, at 13:55, David Evans wrote:

> Some builds are failing on ports-10.6_x86_64_legacy-builder due to apparent Xcode installation issues.
>
> In my case (gtk3):
>
> DEBUG: Sourcing PortGroup compiler_blacklist_versions 1.0 from /opt/bblocal/var/buildworker/ports/build/ports/_resources/port1.0/group/compiler_blacklist_versions-1.0.tcl
> DEBUG: compiler clang 77 blacklisted because it matches {clang < 300}
> Warning: xcodebuild exists but failed to execute
>
> DEBUG: Starting logging for gtk3
> DEBUG: Mac OS X 10.6 (darwin/10.8.0) arch i386
> DEBUG: MacPorts 2.5.4
> DEBUG: Xcode none
> DEBUG: SDK 10.6
> DEBUG: MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET: 10.6
> Warning: Xcode does not appear to be installed; most ports will likely fail to build.
>
> --->  Configuring gtk3
> DEBUG: Preferred compilers: cc
> DEBUG: Using compiler 'System cc'
>
> So compiler selection is not working correctly resulting in this build failure
> inspite of appropriate blacklisting:
>
> gdkscreen-x11.h:33: error: redefinition of typedef ‘GdkX11Monitor’
> ../../gdk/x11/gdkx11monitor.h:37: error: previous declaration of ‘GdkX11Monitor’ was here
>
> Full log here: https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.6_x86_64_legacy-builder/builds/98282/steps/install-port/logs/stdio/text

This happens from time to time on the 10.6 builders only, after they have been online for awhile. I don't know why; I suspect a bug in the OS or in that version of Xcode, which will of course never be fixed. I've rebooted the builder, which should take care of the problem for now.

I've triggered a new build of gtk3. If any other ports failed to build because of this, please trigger new builds.