fake azure pipeline failures

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sat Mar 23 09:45:46 UTC 2019

Hi,

Can anyone caste any light on why the checks in

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/3873 <https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/3873>

are failing ?

I am pretty certain, as I discuss in the comments, that the port update in question builds fine across the board, so the failures are in some sense fake, but I also cannot, and would like to, explain why they are happening. The azure pipeline failure just says

Installing dependency (158 of 170) 'font-misc-ethiopic' with variants '' (requesting '') ... [FAIL]

but offers no explanation as to why, and I can install the above just fine myself, from both binary tarball and from source. So why does the check fail to install it ?

Also, it makes no sense the travis builds timeout - The build should not take anything close to 50mins - and again these builds seem to offer no explanation  in any log I can find as to why they timeout, i.e. what’s exactly where they doing at the time they stopped ?

Its great to have these checks, but not if its not possible to find out *why* they fail sometimes… ;)

cheers Chris