fake azure pipeline failures

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sat Mar 23 09:53:50 UTC 2019

On 2019-3-23 20:45 , Christopher Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone caste any light on why the checks in
>
> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/3873
>
> are failing ?
>
> I am pretty certain, as I discuss in the comments, that the port update
> in question builds fine across the board, so the failures are in some
> sense fake, but I also cannot, and would like to, explain why they are
> happening. The azure pipeline failure just says
>
> Installing dependency (158 of 170) 'font-misc-ethiopic' with variants ''
> (requesting '') ... [FAIL]
>

> but offers no explanation as to why, and I can install the above just
> fine myself, from both binary tarball and from source. So why does the
> check fail to install it ?
>
> Also, it makes no sense the travis builds timeout - The build should not
> take anything close to 50mins - and again these builds seem to offer no
> explanation  in any log I can find as to why they timeout, i.e. what’s
> exactly where they doing at the time they stopped ?
>
> Its great to have these checks, but not if its not possible to find out
> *why* they fail sometimes… ;)

You have to click through a couple things in Azure, but it does have a
log available: <https://paste.z0k.xyz/a6885ad0af61>

Relevant section:

DEBUG: system: mkfontscale /opt/local/share/fonts/OTF
sh: mkfontscale: command not found
Command failed: mkfontscale /opt/local/share/fonts/OTF
Exit code: 127
Error: Failed to activate font-misc-ethiopic: command execution failed

It only has mkfontscale in depends_build but apparently uses it after
build time.

- Josh