GSoC 2019 [Collect build statistics]

Arjun Salyan arjun.salyan.che17 at itbhu.ac.in
Sun Mar 24 16:57:48 UTC 2019

On Sun, Mar 24, 2019 at 10:02 PM Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:

> Here are some examples of why I don't see a single correct answer to
> your initial question. Let's assume that you know absolutely
> everything about all MacPorts installation (exact timestamp of when
> each port was installed or uninstalled, exact timestamp of MacPorts
> installations / upgrades / removals ...) and you want to know the
> answer to
>     "How many users have port Foo installed on each OS version in March
> 2019?"

If we go with the current setup, mpstats submits data weekly, and hence to
make the reporting as precise as possible, we would need to present reports
on per-week basis, also as Craig suggested.
I have tried something here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VReRyPYKifZ1ub77oXXP7ZCqi20nq2jPrKzNxQJ7hxk/edit?usp=sharing
.
Please take a look when you get time.