GSoC 2019 [Buildbot ideas]

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Mar 26 10:25:48 UTC 2019

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 at 10:48, Rajdeep Bharati wrote:

> Would rewriting the waterfall view (with custom features) using Vue be one of the goals/stretch goals?
> And I presume that the plugin will become a part of buildbot core?

I leave that up to Pierre to answer.

My personal wish (but I lack some deep insight into buildbot itself)
would be to have a better waterfall view out of the box, so that other
projects could benefit as well.

Some of the strange views specific to MacPorts (which builds something
else in every build on the same builder) would probably be more tricky
to implement in a generic way, even though ... it might perhaps be
possible to let the buildbot configuration assign a keyword to each
build on the fly, and then implement a special view where the user can
specify a keyword as a filter and buildbot would display just the
matching builds.

In our case we could specify the port name as the keyword. Other
projects building from different branches or using different settings
might specify a keyword like "PR", "development", "stable", "beta",
etc. And then the user could choose to show just builds matching
"beta", or just builds matching one specific port in our case.

The ability to quickly show the builds matching a particular commit,
or the ability to easily jump to the builds done on March 8th 2018 ...
could also be implemented in a generic way.

Mojca