GSoC 2019 [Buildbot ideas]

Pierre Tardy tardyp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 11:37:09 UTC 2019

Hi,

I think MacPorts has quite specific huge scale in term of the number
of packages it builds, and optimisations on non rebuilding everything.

So for this project what would be interesting is to research the best
visualisation for MacPort, rather than making compromises so that it
is useful for everybody.
This does not mean we don't want to make it generic as much as we can,
it is just we want it to be super efficient for macports.

Having a quality dashboard for macport will still benefit for the
community in term of example of how things can be, and how
customisable Buildbot is.

Another benefit for Buildbot is that it would be the first project to
be specific for react/vue, and we need to improve the interface for
that.
I would like to have react/vue boilerplate improved, so that the core
of it is extracted in a separate npm package.
This npm package could then be kept when we rewrite the core ui
framework in webpack/typescript. This would be a good oportunity to
make the API evolve for better suit in reactive frameworks.
I already saw some issues with the Collection class in buildbot data
which is not well compatible with vue.

Regards
Pierre