GSoC 2019 [Buildbot ideas]

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Mar 26 13:15:06 UTC 2019

Dear Rajdeep,

On Sun, 24 Mar 2019 at 13:06, Pierre Tardy wrote:

> I would advise to start from a fresh config with a git poller a simple build recipe to train yourself at buildbot.

Just as a random idea (feel free to judge for yourself if this
simplification makes sense or not, you could still jump straight to a
more complex case / closer to the full setup).

For the inital tests and for testing the frontend in the development
phase, I wouldn't mind if you simply made some kind of a "fake
builder" which would fetch the git commits from our GitHub repository,
but simply use directory names of modified files as port names, and
randomly report success or failure of the build. You could almost
build the full interface based on this simplification, but most
importantly, you wouldn't need to wait for ages for the individual
builds to finish.

One simplification less would be to still run the "mpbb" tools to
properly extract port and subport names, but you would then still skip
the full build and replace it with some fake random response (success
or failure).

Mojca