GSoC 2019 [Buildbot ideas]

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Mar 26 16:13:17 UTC 2019

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 at 16:07, Rajdeep Bharati wrote:

> In an earlier email (GSoC Tips), you told me that a basic functioning product (with the major features, tests & documentation) must be deployed before the first evaluation. Is the first evaluation the one from June 24-28?

Yes.

Having something deployed by the end of the first month of coding
proved to give everyone a much greater satisfaction, and sufficient
time for testing, providing feedback and fixing / improving the
solution.

Of course you would still plan to keep improving the project for the
remaining two months, it's just important to plan everything in a way
that gets you some deliverable early in the process (as opposed to
trying to include all the tricky, corner cases and less important
features from the start, not having anything substantial to show for
months, then loose motivation and never get the project finished).

Mojca