Slack-like chat (also for GSOC)

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu May 16 17:47:12 UTC 2019

On 16.05.19 19:20, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Thu, 16 May 2019 at 13:31, Ruben Di Battista wrote:
>>
>> I would like to stress once again about Matrix.
>>
>> If we setup Matrix, we can bridge the channels with whatever service you might need. First of all IRC, so people that like to keep hanging out there can still do it with the additional benefits of having more people to talk with.
>
> If either you or someone else is willing to set it up (for testing, to
> start with), by all means feel free to do so and we can play with it
> and see how it works.

I am really confused what you want to set up for Matrix? You can already
use the existing Matrix to FreeNode IRC Bridge. Please fill me in what
else you think is required?

Do we need our own Matrix homeserver? This seems like overkill,
especially for a federated network where people might already use some
server of their preference.

Rainer