Packaging buildbot-www

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue May 28 13:04:17 UTC 2019

On Tue, 28 May 2019 at 14:38, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On May 28, 2019, at 02:11, Rajdeep Bharati wrote:
>
> > I am packaging buildbot 2.x as a port.
>
> That's great, thanks. I would suggest updating (and where applicable renaming) the existing buildbot ports. I would not make new "buildbot2" ports, since buildbot 2.x is not different from buildbot 1.x; rather, buildbot 0.8 and earlier is different from buildbot 0.9 and later.
>
> Since we still need buildbot 0.8 for our current buildbot setup, which is installed using MacPorts, I would like to see new buildbot-0.8 ports that install the old 0.8 versions. You don't necessarily have to be the one to do that; I might get to it at some point.

Once we have the new ports working it should be trivial for anyone of
us to take care of this renaming part.
And yes, I would somehow rename the existing ports to buildbot-0.8 or
so, and make buildbot whatever the current version is.

Also:
- The buildbot-worker now has a different name than the old
buildbot-slave, so there we won't even have the name conflict (it
would still be nice to provide consistent naming though, so 0.8 suffix
sounds reasonable).
- Most of what's in buildbot would probably be packages as a python
module (I guess?).

We can discuss further once Rajdeep submits the ports. (To Rajdeep:
it's also not a problem to submit what you currently have as a Draft
PR.)

Mojca