GSOC 2019 project: Improvements of Buildbot views (@ MacPorts)

Rajdeep Bharati rajdeepbharati13 at gmail.com
Fri May 31 22:27:46 UTC 2019

On Sat, Jun 1, 2019 at 2:01 AM Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:

> Dear Rajdeep,
>
> I'm sorry, I somewhat missed this one particular error.
>
> You need to install py37-buildbot rather than py-buildbot, same for
> py37-buildbot-pkg and mock (probably py37-mock).
>
> Yes I installed the one with py37-*.

> One problem is that apparently proper dependency specifications for
> buildbot-www are lacking, something that should have probably been fixed in
> packaging of buildbot on pypi, but you should be able to circumvent the
> problem by installing the dependencies manually, or by adding them manually
> to the list of dependencies.
>
> What does
>     port installed '*buildbot*'
> say?

It's giving None of the specified ports are installed.

> [...]

> Regarding the problems in master setup: using your repository I'm still
> getting a bunch of issues with names of workers and builders. The problem
> is that new worker names no longer allow dots and underscores, but the old
> logic was relying on the fact that builder name would be composed out of
> worker name, and now I probably need to change those names at various
> places. I disabled the part with production/uploading files etc. by merely
> removing it from the yaml file. I need some more time to figure out what
> other problems were.
>
> I still wonder why the dots and underscores are no longer allowed.
>
> Mojca
>
> On Wed, 29 May 2019 at 14:37, Rajdeep Bharati <rajdeepbharati13 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Simply making those portfiles with upt-macports isn't helping.
>> When I try to install them using `sudo port -vst install`, it shows:
>>
>> --->  Building py37-buildbot-www
>>
>> Executing:  cd
>> "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_rajdeep_portfiles_python_py-buildbot-www/py37-buildbot-www/work/buildbot-www-2.3.1"
>> &&
>> /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/bin/python3.7
>> setup.py --no-user-cfg build
>>
>> Please install buildbot, buildbot_pkg, and mock modules in order to
>> install that package, or use the pre-build .whl modules available on pypi
>>
>> Command failed:  cd
>> "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_rajdeep_portfiles_python_py-buildbot-www/py37-buildbot-www/work/buildbot-www-2.3.1"
>> &&
>> /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/bin/python3.7
>> setup.py --no-user-cfg build
>>
>> Exit code: 1
>>
>> Warning: The following existing file was hidden from the build system by
>> trace mode:
>>
>>   /var/db/timezone/zoneinfo/Asia/Kolkata
>>
>> Error: Failed to build py37-buildbot-www: command execution failed
>>
>> Error: See
>> /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_Users_rajdeep_portfiles_python_py-buildbot-www/py37-buildbot-www/main.log
>> for details.
>>
>> Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a
>> bug.
>>
>> Error: Processing of port py-buildbot-www failed
>>
>> Note that py-buildbot and py-buildbot-pkg have been installed before
>> running this command.
>> Getting similar errors for py-buildbot-waterfall,console,etc.

>>> I added you and rajdeep as a triage collaborator. Please let me know
>>> what is working in this mode

>>> I can help, but I would need a bit more context.
>>> What is the kind of app? where do you want to deploy it?
>>> There are tons of options to manage and deploy docker containers.
>>> I mostly use kubernetes. It is very powerful for medium to large
>>> complexity deployments.
>>> You can also run simple docker apps using standard system tool like

I'm writing the JS view (I've set up the modal, with the date range). Some
work is left (creating routes and the algorithm to find all builds
corresponding to a particular change). I will most probably complete a
working prototype tomorrow.

Rajdeep