2.6.0 features

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Oct 6 12:10:01 UTC 2019

On Oct 5, 2019, at 08:37, Ken Cunningham wrote:

> I have come across several ports where variant c++ standards are needed, like gnu++11 for example, so perhaps setting the std automatically could lead to troubles...

Yeah. I had assumed that the MacPorts base feature had been implemented so that we would specify the language standard needed, i.e. "c++17" or "gnu++11". Instead, it was implemented as specifying the year of the standard, without specifying which flavor.

Really, the project's source code must specify such flags, and if they don't, us adding it to the portfile should be a temporary measure until the developers so. So I guess it's ok if we have to add another line to the portfile to do it.