pymol crashing under Qt on Catalina

Jack Howarth howarth.at.macports at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 15:38:20 UTC 2019

It would seem that this failure under Xcode 11.2 beta 2 is due to the
current patch dropping -fno-stack-check for Xcode 11.2 in anticipation of a
fix.

# Workaround for test failure :-
# > ./sblat2 < ./sblat2.dat
# Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory
reference.
# Current information is that this should be fixed in Xcode 11.2
if { ([vercmp ${os.major} 19] >= 0) && ([vercmp $xcodeversion 11.2] < 0) } {
    if {[string match clang ${configure.compiler}]} {
        configure.cc-append -fno-stack-check
    }
}

So this would seem to rule out OpenBLAS as the source of the pymol crashes
under python2.7 with the QT interface as, under Xcode 11.1, OpenBLAS
already built with -fno-stack-check. Perhaps the problem is in python2.7
when -fstack-check is used?
           Jack