pymol crashing under Qt on Catalina

Jack Howarth howarth.at.macports at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 15:56:51 UTC 2019

Another data point. Rebuilding python27 with this addition to the
Portfile...

if { ([vercmp ${os.major} 19] >= 0) && ([vercmp $xcodeversion 11.3] < 0) } {
    if {[string match clang ${configure.compiler}]} {
        configure.cc-append -fno-stack-check
    }
}

successfully passes -fno-stack-check to the build but the resulting
python2.7 doesn't suppress the pymol crashes with the QT interface. Maybe
the problem code is in py27-pyqt5?
          Jack