Index Broken on 10.5

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Sun Oct 20 15:59:56 UTC 2019

On Sun, 20 Oct 2019 at 17:47, Kenneth F. Cunningham
<ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com> wrote:

> Leopard Intel can run clang-7.0, and nothing newer at present. When I get time, I will probably fix newer clangs.
>
> See <https://lists.macports.org/pipermail/macports-users/2019-October/047597.html>
>
> for my suggestions on how to run Leopard Intel successfully on macports at present.

There are two things that would be of enormous help once you figure
the above out:

1) Having a binary builder to get the precompiled binaries readily
available (not that much man-hours involved, more a question of
available hardware resources, Ryan mentioning that he had no suitable
image available, and some questioning the rationale of running such an
old VM ...)

2) Allow relocating binaries between different prefixes, at least some
basic ones (HomeBrew supports that). That would require more man-power
to write it.

Mojca