Thank you for defaulting to libc++ on older systems

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 22:53:32 UTC 2019

I would like to thank everyone, especially Josh who did the bulk of the heavy lifting and Jeremy who initially designed the whole setup, for the work involved in making the default to libc++ happen for all these systems.

Although, no doubt, we may find a few hiccups that need to be tweaked, on the whole I believe everyone's life will be easier.

I appreciate the efforts involved, as do - I’m sure - many people.

Although continuing support for these older systems can seem to be a burden at times, hopefully with this change, and with the legacysupport PG, we’ve made it as small a burden as possible.

I continue to believe that MacPorts extremely robust support for older systems is one of our real strengths, and brings new users to MacPorts regularly.

Thanks,

Ken