Any routine way to switch from x86_64 to i386?

Xim chenguokai17 at mails.ucas.ac.cn
Sat Apr 11 11:45:09 UTC 2020

Dear developers,

I am doing some port test on a Snow Leopard system. At first and by default, I installed some dependencies with x86_64 arch. I realized the problem, changed the build arch option in macports.conf. But the port system seems a little unstable at dealing with this kind of issue. New dependencies come out again and again during the installing process.  I am currently trying uninstalling and reinstall all (i386) ports. I wonder if there is a routine way of dealing with an arch switch?

Regards,
Xim
chenguokai17 at mails.ucas.ac.cn