port "cask" -- installing prebuilt binaries

Ruben Di Battista rubendibattista at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 17:52:00 UTC 2020

So my take here is to not provide pre-built binaries packages if not
strictly unavoidable, like for the osxfuse project (since it was open
source before).

One of the reasons I chose Macports for is the fact it builds its own tree
from source and it ships basically open source only software.

Otherwise there would be no difference with homebrew and it would make
little sense to prefer Macports UX, that is arguably worse than Homebrew's
IMHO (especially Ruby DSL formula vs TCL Portfile).