Need help with troubleshooting Blender PR

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Aug 27 21:12:49 UTC 2020

> On Aug 27, 2020, at 14:55, Jason Liu wrote:
>
> Yes, I see what you're talking about now. And since I've only used machines that had a single SDK installed, I've never encountered this problem.
>
> As far as I can tell, the value of configure.sdkroot is empty

That is the case sometimes, such as when the version of the SDK that MacPorts wants is not available in the installed version of Xcode.

> , which means that the cmake PortGroup sets the value of CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT to be "/".

Yes.

> However, later in the build, it looks like the MacPorts build system sets SDKROOT based off the value MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET.

As far as I know, MacPorts does not do that.

> On the other hand, Blender's CMake script is attempting to detect the SDK version by using the
>
> xcodebuild -version -sdk macosx SDKVersion
>
> command. On the 10.14 Azure build, this is resulting in the MacPorts build system showing a value of MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET="10.14", but the xcodebuild command returning a value of 10.15.
>
> I'm not quite sure how to resolve this mismatch yet, but at least I see what the problem is.

If the blender build is trying to detect the sdk version using the xcodebuild command, it should be patched not to do that.