Need help with troubleshooting Blender PR

Jason Liu jasonliu at umich.edu
Thu Aug 27 19:55:55 UTC 2020

Yes, I see what you're talking about now. And since I've only used machines
that had a single SDK installed, I've never encountered this problem.

As far as I can tell, the value of configure.sdkroot is empty, which means
that the cmake PortGroup sets the value of CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT to be "/".
However, later in the build, it looks like the MacPorts build system sets
SDKROOT based off the value MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET.

On the other hand, Blender's CMake script is attempting to detect the SDK
version by using the

xcodebuild -version -sdk macosx SDKVersion

command. On the 10.14 Azure build, this is resulting in the MacPorts build
system showing a value of MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET="10.14", but the
xcodebuild command returning a value of 10.15.

I'm not quite sure how to resolve this mismatch yet, but at least I see
what the problem is.

--
Jason Liu