Need help with troubleshooting Blender PR

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Aug 30 22:38:04 UTC 2020

> On Aug 29, 2020, at 14:03, Ken Cunningham wrote:
>

> On 2020-08-29, at 1:42 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>

>> Is there a ticket about this?
>
> This is the ticket <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/59798>

Thanks, somehow I had been unable to find it.

>> The place to fix it would be in src/port1.0/portconfigure.tcl in proc portconfigure::configure_get_sdkroot, changing some or possibly all "return {}" statements to "return {/}". If you haven't already, you might try making that modification in your local copy of MacPorts (on macOS 10.13 or earlier) and using it for awhile and verifying that this doesn't break any ports.
>>

> and here is the fix I came up with:
>
> <https://github.com/macports/macports-base/pull/183>
>

> My apologies if my methods of proposing fixes is incorrect; please feel free to look it over and use it or something like it if you find it helpful.
>
> In the meantime, it is a small, if irritating, thing to fix it port-by-port.

Yes it is irritating to duplicate code in lots of ports. If the fix is correct, it should be in base. Joshua objected to the change in the PR. I've asked in the ticket for him to clarify his objection because I don't understand it.

It is great that you propose fixes; thank you. There are a zillion things going on in MacPorts and it is easy for things to get forgotten.