cctools xcode variant conflicts with universal -- why?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 18:22:16 UTC 2020

We will want to be able to use the cctools +xcode variant of cctools when building universal with x86_64 & arm64 it would seem.

The xcode variant is just a wrapper script that calls the cctools tool in Xcode; it was marked as conflicting with the universal variant in 2018.

I’m trying to understand why that would be exactly — and I’m tempted to just remove that conflict, but it seems there must be something here I’m not fully grokking…

Can anyone see why that conflict might have been added, exactly? The wrapper script is noarch, of course...

Ken