Google Magenta Portfiles Help Request for new py-note-seq port

Steven Smith steve.t.smith at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 15:20:41 UTC 2020

Re: versioning, here’s the situation:

pypi has a version of 0.0.0, but the github repo has no official version number or even tags, and it’s not clear which commit the pypi version has used.

I prefer to build from a github repo because it contains tests and other useful things that the pypi distribution doesn’t have.

In this situation, I specified the commit hash, set the version to be consistent with pypi’s, and set the revision to be the github commit date.

Is there another preferred way in this situation?

Magenta just migrated to tf2, still depends on deprecated packages like tensor2tensor, and I expect will be pretty dynamic for a bit. Yet it has working capabilities now that are useful to get under install/version control.