MacPorts webapp project updates

Frank Schima mf2k at macports.org
Sat Jul 18 22:26:57 UTC 2020

Looks really good. I love dark mode!

Some quick comments:
 - Remove all commas as a separator. A space works great.
 - Sort the variants alphabetically and also ports that depend on the currently selected port.
 - Clicking on a variant does not really make sense to me. It seems to go back to the search page. The description of the variant should at least appear when you hover over a variant. Maybe they should not even be clickable links?
 - Python stub ports don’t really make sense. Search for, say, py-numpy. That’s a stub port. It should probably state that you would never install it - so don’t display “sudo port install py-numpy” for it because users should never actually do that in this case. But instead you want to pick py36-numpy, py37-numpy, etc. Show all of the real ports as clickable links. Currently it does not even allow you pick any of them.
 - When clicking on the Trac tickets tab, I find it jarring that a window pops up that you have to click out of. Just make it a tab that displays the selectable tickets (or no tickets). I shouldn’t have to click “Close” to get out  of this special mode.

Cheers!
Frank