PRs now going back 18 months -- let's close the clearly dead ones

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 15:44:15 UTC 2020

In the first 50 PRs, some are contested and the sides are dug in...just close them, or call it and choose a side if you care to.

Some are too difficult for the proposer to finish and they apparently walked away and gave up...just close them...anyone who can finish them is not going to start there anyway. Anything marked wip in there can be closed, as clearly not "in progress"....

If there is anything else actually useful in there, it's waiting for some kind of political decision from you, it seems. Or it needs to be pushed (libffi) but the proposer wants you to do it so when something breaks perhaps in the process, nobody gets blowback.

It is not helpful to have all that crud hanging around, and is harmful instead. Like a chore list nobody will ever get to, it's just noise.

Re the tickets--1 year, ok, 5+ years?  noise. Nobody looks at them, just a leftover hassle to close them when they are accidentally fixed by some commit.