randomly bumping things to require perl 5.30 vs 5.28 requires everyone to have both installed ...

Dr M J Carter Martin.Carter at physics.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 22 20:12:42 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 03:34:39PM -0400, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> On Jun 22, 2020, at 10:59 AM, Ken Cunningham <ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Perhaps unavoidable in some cases, but if you look around the web, this is in fact the #1 complaint about MacPorts: bloat.
>
> It's somewhat ironic given the current trend of everything being
> containerized (and bringing in all of their duplicate dependencies
> inside their containers)

Rats: you beat me to it.  I'll restrict myself to reminiscing about
dylibs having allegedly been invented (by Sun?) out of embarrassment,
on finding hello.c was bloated, to 3MBytes iirc, by printf() dragging
in half the known universe at link time.

We now return you to your normal programming.

--
Dr Martin J Carter
Computer System Administrator (Mon--Wed only)