randomly bumping things to require perl 5.30 vs 5.28 requires everyone to have both installed ...

Michael keybounce at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 20:26:54 UTC 2020

On 2020-06-22, at 1:12 PM, Dr M J Carter <Martin.Carter at physics.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> Rats: you beat me to it.  I'll restrict myself to reminiscing about
> dylibs having allegedly been invented (by Sun?) out of embarrassment,
> on finding hello.c was bloated, to 3MBytes iirc, by printf() dragging
> in half the known universe at link time.

Oh, it's not all that bad. Just the standard io library, the file buffering library, the larger startup and exit code, math library (because some of the formatting options required something, probably rounding, I have long since forgotten), error text translation (gotta be able to report the error numbers as human readable text, after all), some string library routines -- oh, right, that's ALL of the string library, and ... did I leave anything out?

---
Entertaining minecraft videos
http://YouTube.com/keybounce