[GSoC 2020] Application Template for aspiring students

Jackson Isaac ijackson at macports.org
Fri Mar 20 06:49:15 UTC 2020

Dear Aspiring GSoC Students,

The application period has begun on GSoC portal. There is less than 2
weeks left for the student application deadline (31st March 2020).

We recommend to add your draft proposals on the portal as early as
possible, so you can get feedback from potential mentors on questions
or suggestions to improve the proposal further.

To help you get started, here[1] is a GSoC application template that
we have used in previous years as well, feel free to use it, add or
remove (sub-)sections.

Also, a guideline on what we expect from a project application [2].

[1] https://trac.macports.org/wiki/SummerOfCodeApplicationTemplate
[2] https://trac.macports.org/wiki/SummerOfCode#Whatweexpectfromstudentsfortheirapplications

Hope this helps. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Stay safe,
Jackson Isaac