[GSoC 2020] Student Application Deadline (Was: Application Template for aspiring students)

Jackson Isaac ijackson at macports.org
Sat Mar 28 17:32:30 UTC 2020

Dear Aspiring GSoC Students,

Hope you all are doing well. This is a friendly reminder for the
Student Application deadline i.e., 31st March 2020 1800 UTC.

Make sure you submit your 'Final' proposal to the portal, in order to
be eligible for GSoC, before the deadline.

I hope you have been in contact with potential mentors and have
already received feedback.

Feel free to reach out to me if you need any guidance.

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 7:49 AM Jackson Isaac <ijackson at macports.org> wrote:

> Dear Aspiring GSoC Students,
>
> The application period has begun on GSoC portal. There is less than 2
> weeks left for the student application deadline (31st March 2020).
>
> We recommend to add your draft proposals on the portal as early as
> possible, so you can get feedback from potential mentors on questions
> or suggestions to improve the proposal further.
>
> To help you get started, here[1] is a GSoC application template that
> we have used in previous years as well, feel free to use it, add or
> remove (sub-)sections.
>
> Also, a guideline on what we expect from a project application [2].
>
> [1] https://trac.macports.org/wiki/SummerOfCodeApplicationTemplate
> [2] https://trac.macports.org/wiki/SummerOfCode#Whatweexpectfromstudentsfortheirapplications
>
> Hope this helps. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Stay safe,
Jackson Isaac