GSoC Proposal: Enhancing the webapp

Arjun Salyan arjun at macports.org
Mon Mar 30 17:53:25 UTC 2020

Dear Macports community,

Last year during GSoC 19, I wrote the ports webapp under the mentorship of
Mojca and Umesh, we had a functional app by the end of the GSoC period. The
app still needs a lot of improvements- codebase needs to be improved so
that new maintainers can start quickly, more features have to be added,
page load time needs to be taken care of, API and documentation also need
to be completed.

I am also planning to deploy Buildbot 2 to carry out real builds as a part
of this project. The main priority of the project would be to have a robust
webapp by the end of the period. My familiarity with the codebase could be
helpful.

I have shared the draft proposal through the GSoC portal and also attaching
the link below. Any feedback would be constructive- the deadline is
tomorrow (31st March, 18:00 UTC).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gFxE-8fhZUm98IZ4R0X0Q6-BkHiYG0R4xj3WtKLbt8E/edit?usp=sharing

Thank You