One large pull request vs. several small ones?

Jason Liu jasonliu at umich.edu
Tue May 12 17:44:45 UTC 2020

I would like to contribute a portfile for the newest version of Blender. I
already have a local portfile that is compiling successfully, and I am
doing some cleanup before submitting a pull request on GitHub. In addition
to Blender itself, I have also packaged several of Blender's dependent
libraries, which would also be new ports. My question is: Would it be
better for me to submit all of the portfiles for Blender and the libraries
in one single pull request? Or should I submit one pull request for each
new package individually?

The reason why I ask is that the dependency tree is a bit complex, with
some of the libraries dependent on other libraries which I packaged as
well. And if I were to submit each of the libraries individually, there's
no telling how long it would take to get each one of them accepted and
merged before I would be able to submit the Blender portfile.

--
Jason Liu