Time to remove Travis support?

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Fri Nov 27 21:27:09 UTC 2020

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 04:24:01PM +0000, Zero King wrote:
> Beware that we have other repositories under our organization that are
> using travis-ci.org, and they have to migrate away as well. For
> example, https://github.com/macports/macports-webapp.

It's probably not complicated to migrate those, but I'd also not make it
a huge priority. Let's get rid of Travis first, then deal with
re-creating the CI on a new platform.

> Sure. Let's do it before end of the year. I'll see what I can do about
> the build log comment, but GitHub Actions IPs have to be whitelisted
> on paste.macports.org first.

>From what I've seen, the GitHub Actions-based builds seems to have
enough storage so we can just avoid the pastebot completely?

See for example [1], which produced 357 MB logs (27 MB zipped), and
doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

[1]: https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/actions/runs/386150389

--
Clemens