Updating OpenSSH port to 8.4p1

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Oct 1 02:23:33 UTC 2020

On Sep 30, 2020, at 1:55 PM, Blake Garner <blake at netjibbing.com> wrote:
> I see that the port for OpenSSH has no maintainer and hasn't been updated in a while. Reviewing the docs it looks reasonable for me to try and update the port and submit it. Is anybody else already working on it? Advice for a updating a port the first time beyond what's on the site?

Updating the openssh port is easy if you only use the 'default' variants (I do that locally because I want to update sooner than MacPorts usually updates). Historically making the +hpn and +gsskex variants work has required effort.

If you've got time+interest in making it work - please do so!

--
Daniel J. Luke