Updating OpenSSH port to 8.4p1

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Oct 1 07:18:41 UTC 2020

Dear Blake,

On Wed, 30 Sep 2020 at 19:56, Blake Garner wrote:

> I see that the port for OpenSSH has no maintainer and hasn't been updated in a while. Reviewing the docs it looks reasonable for me to try and update the port and submit it. Is anybody else already working on it?

I cannot answer about whether anyone else is working on this, but new
contributors are always welcome and greatly appreciated.

> Advice for a updating a port the first time beyond what's on the site?

Apart from updating the port itself we also need to increase the
revision of all the ports depending on OpenSSH (and ideally check
whether they still build after the update).
(Updating the dependencies may be done in a separate commit, but it
needs to be taken care of.)

As the first approximation you could get the list of dependent ports here:
    https://ports.macports.org/port/openssh/
(The list may not be 100% accurate, so another grep for openssh inside
the ports tree may not hurt.)

On the website you can also check the list of open tickets:
    https://ports.macports.org/port/openssh/tickets
We are not asking you to address any of those, but sometimes an update
resolves an issue, or there's already an update request in the trac
that can be closed.

Mojca