Travis CI timeouts for MacPorts builds

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Sep 8 20:51:31 UTC 2020

On Tue, 8 Sep 2020 at 22:43, Clemens Lang wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 08, 2020 at 06:48:58PM +0000, Zero King wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 08, 2020 at 06:39:41PM +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> > > After a while Azure came around with 6 hours of timeout which was a
> > > lot more useful, and the same solution was ported from Travis to
> > > Azure. I forgot why we never switched from Azure to GitHub Actions.
> >
> > Done in commit db7b40d8691e1fcd8b6be5e3c2a2a00a7ce0bdf4. We should
> > remove Travis CI and Azure Pipelines soon.
>
> I'm not sure this was a good choice. GitHub recently announced stricter
> limits on CPU minutes available though GitHub actions.

I was only aware of GitLab decreasing the limits. According to
https://docs.github.com/en/github/setting-up-and-managing-billing-and-payments-on-github/about-billing-for-github-actions
we have 200 free minutes per month? That's literally useless if true.

(It's not clear to me whether Azure will stay free forever. We should
probably be looking into setting up our own builders in the long run.)

Mojca