Apple ARM binary codesign issue

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 15:04:27 UTC 2020

> On Sep 25, 2020, at 7:55 AM, Michael Dickens <michaelld at macports.org> wrote:
>
> Also: many build scripts call /usr/bin/strip directly or xcrun strip ... so that would bypass our MP efforts ... we'd have to patch up all of those ports to coerce them into running the MP strip ... that seems like a lot of work! Maybe there's a way around that? I'm not thinking of it off the top of my head. - MLD

Yeah, build scripts should not be calling /usr/bin/strip directly, and in the end, then will all eventually need fixing. I often have to fix things like that to make builds use the newer cctools on older systems.

I haven’t explored what "xcrun —find” does re: finding our cctools port as yet...

I actually thought Josh’s (or was it your) idea to run a codesign fixup step in base after the build was done sounded like the best idea to me, but there are probably ports that do something funky in “post-destroot” or somewhere that would show up warts.

Ken