Updating CMake to 3.20?

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Tue Apr 13 17:14:21 UTC 2021

Hi MP folks - CMake has recently released the 3.20 branch, but is for the moment also pushing fixes to the 3.19 branch. I updated the port to 3.19.8 yesterday. The 3.20 branch is the future of CMake, and I'm confident introduces new features that folks will want to use; it likely deprecates some older features as well, some of which might be in use by current ports that use CMake for building -- though to be honest I don't know this for a fact, it's just the way things have been in the past and so why would it be any different this time around? I will do some testing on the current 3.20 release to make sure it works with the ports that I use -- mostly Volk, UHD, and GNU Radio related -- and if so then I'll propose updating CMake accordingly. I'm wondering what folks here think ... have you tried this new CMake? Is it compatible with MP? With your personal project(s)? Any known worries or incompatibilities? - MLD