Publicizing MacPorts

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Mon Apr 19 11:24:51 UTC 2021

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 at 12:45, Steven Smith wrote:

> If a comparable announcement to this was made for MacPorts, I missed it:
>
> https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/02/mac-utility-homebrew-finally-gets-native-apple-silicon-and-m1-support/

We never made any announcement since it basically "worked from day 1"
(almost), and we never had any specific point in time when support for
M1 was significantly improved. (We probably needed an upgrade of
MacPorts base, but that happened very soon.)

We should probably be publicising that MacPorts works just fine with
M1 more aggressively from the very beginning.

If anyone is willing to volunteer to do PR for MacPorts ...

Mojca