Publicizing MacPorts

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Apr 20 07:04:53 UTC 2021

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 at 15:14, Steven Smith <steve.t.smith at gmail.com> wrote:

> > If you have contacts to tech reporters, please use them. I don't have any. If Ars Technica or any other news site wants to cover MacPorts, they can do that any time.
>
> This is the wrong attitude.
>
> MacPorts must tell them, not some random user/contributer like me.

What Ryan is trying to say is that "MacPorts" is in fact just a set of
random volunteer contributors, each with his/her own talents (and many
of those without time/motivation to write or without writing skills),
with a varying level of expertise and available time to devote to the
project. There is not even any legal entity in the background (there
probably should be one at some point).

We would be grateful if more users/contributors could join the boat
and actively help in areas where they feel that they could contribute
to the project (in one way or another).

If you have good ideas about how to improve and promote the project,
there is no reason why you couldn't take part in the joint effort to
make the product better in the long run.

If someone is willing to step up and write blog posts, articles
(potentially based on a few rounds of questions/answers/document
revisions), etc., that would certainly be more than welcome.

Mojca